Paramedics fill three ambulances for Operation Food Search
St. Charles County Ambulance District Paramedics partnered with area senior residential facilities to fill three ambulances full of food supplies for Operation Food Search on Thursday, Dec. 13. Martin Limpert, a spokesman for the Ambulance District, said that when the district learned that area food pantries were at a critical level “we turned to our very supportive friends residing in senior residential facilities for help.”
As part of the Ambulance District’s outreach program, off-duty paramedics made the cross county journey to ‘Fill the Ambulance’ with non-perishable food items to benefit Operation Food Search.
The program was a success. Paramedics even performed some Christmas carols for some residents to liven up the festive occasion.
Below is a list of communities that participated:
- Twin Oaks at Heritage Pointe in Wentzville
- Garden Villas of O’Fallon in O’Fallon
- Park Place in O’Fallon
- Breeze Park in Cottleville
- Oak Tree Village inSt. Peters
- Lake St. Charles in St. Charles
- Rivers Edge inSt. Charles
- Parkside Retirement Living in St. Charles