Chesterfield anticipates building boom
By: Jim Erickson
Much preliminary work remains but the stage is set for Chesterfield to enjoy a large number of building, expansion and renovation projects in the months ahead.
According to a report from the Monarch Fire Protection District, five “high value” permits (construction costs greater than $1 million) already have been issued and nine other major projects are in various stages of planning and preparation or rezoning.
The high value projects include:
• The addition of a gymnasium at the Chesterfield Montessori School on Ladue Road.
• Exterior renovation at the Delmar Gardens complex on N. Outer 40 Road.
• Three interior finishes at the Monsanto facility at Chesterfield Parkway and Swingley Ridge Road, Shenandoah Valley Elementary School on Appalachian Trail, and Centric Health Services on Chesterfield Airport Road.
The upcoming projects include:
• Expansion at the Friendship Village senior living campus on Olive, including two three-story independent living apartment buildings, a two-story skilled nursing building and three townhouses.
• An eight-story, 145-room Hyatt Hotel near the current Drury Plaza on Chesterfield Center. The new facility will total 96,000 square feet.
• The Mercy Health System expansion at Clarkson Road and Hwy. 40. The project calls for three multi-story office buildings and two multi-level parking garages.
• A business complex at Swingley Ridge Road and Chesterfield Parkway West, consisting of three five-story office buildings and multi-level parking structures.
• A 113-bed assisted living facility operated by Provision Senior Living, located at the end of West Drive. The new three-story, horseshoe-shaped building will total 110,000 square feet.
• A Chesterfield Senior Care facility in the 17600 block of Wild Horse Creek Road. The three-story, 105,000-square-foot building will include 99 nursing home beds and a group home for 27 residents.
• A 37,000-square-foot expansion at the Windsor Crossing Community Church on N. Eaterton Road.
• The two outlet mall projects in Chesterfield Valley currently underway. At St. Louis Prestige Outlets on N. Outer 40, installation of sewers and water mains is under way with work crews on the site six days a week. The project calls for eight buildings totaling some 390,000 square feet. At Chesterfield Outlets, south of Hwy. 40 and north of Olive Street Road, 10 buildings totaling about 473,000 square feet are planned, with the largest covering approximately 224,000 square feet.