Inaugural St. Charles Restaurant Week set for Sept.10-16
By: Sue Hornof
The first-ever St. Charles Restaurant Week will be held from Monday, Sept. 10 through Sunday, Sept. 16 and will feature 13 of the area’s finest dining destinations showcasing some of their best dishes. Participating restaurants will offer a special, fixed-price dinner menu and will offer their regular menus also, giving patrons the opportunity to revisit classics or try something new.
Bobby Conn and Rob Muckler, managing partners of R & B Productions, are the organizers of St. Charles Restaurant Week. Earlier this year and in 2011, the pair brought a similar event to West St. Louis County. They previously had worked with the organizer of Clayton Restaurant Week and decided to expand the concept westward, which proved to be a huge success in West County. Now, they are hoping to achieve similar results in St. Charles and make the event an annual occurrence.
The St. Charles Restaurant Week concept is simple: Guests who dine at participating restaurants during the event receive a three-course meal priced at $25 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Typically, diners are given a special menu featuring a few options for each of three courses – appetizer, salad and dessert – and restaurants feature some of their best fare. No tickets, cards or coupons are required, but guests are encouraged to call ahead for reservations, as many restaurants are expected to be filled to capacity during peak hours.
After their meals, diners will have the option of adding a small donation to their bill to benefit Oasis Food Pantry, a volunteer-run organization that has no paid employees and feeds more than 8,000 families per year and through its thrift shop provides affordable clothing and household items to those in need.
“Oasis Food Pantry is our charity of choice,” Conn said. “A $5 optional donation at the end of your meal goes directly to the organization.”
Sponsors of St. Charles Restaurant Week include Feast magazine, Mid Rivers Newsmagazine, Paper Leaf Printing & Design, and TimeOff magazine.
At MRN presstime, participating restaurants include:
• Bristol Seafood Grill, 2314 Technology Drive, O’Fallon (625-6350)
• Charlie Gitto’s From The Hill, 777 Casino Center Drive, Maryland Heights (314-770-8100)
• Concetta’s Italian Restaurant, 600 S. 5th Street, St. Charles (946-2468)
• Llywelyn’s Pub, 100 N. Main Street, St. Charles (724-8520)
• McGurk’s Irish Pub & Garden, 108 S. Main Street, O’Fallon (978-9640)
• Magpie’s Restaurant, 903 S. Main Street, St. Charles (947-3883)
• Old Hickory Golf Club, 1 Dye Club Drive, St. Peters (477-8960)
• Padavan’s NY, 3249 #1 Rue Royale Street, St. Charles (947-6969)
• Pio’s, 403 First Capitol Drive, St. Charles (724-5919)
• Rib City, 3891 Mid Rivers Mall Drive, St. Peters (447-5355)
• Spiro’s Restaurant, 2275 Bluestone Drive, St. Charles (916-1454)
• The Brass Rail, 4601 Hwy. K, O’Fallon (329-1349)
• Tony’s on Main Street, 132 N. Main Street, St. Charles (940-1960)
For more information on St. Charles Restaurant Week, including featured menus and links to participating restaurants’ websites, visit St. CharlesRestaurantWeek.com.