A Q&A On Cremation
A Q&A On Cremation: Some Answers to the questions you’ve been thinking about.
How do I know if I want to choose cremation for myself or my loved one?
The choice is completely yours. Our staff will patiently walk you through all of your options to ensure you are comfortable with your decision.
If I do decide on cremation, what options do I have?
• You can have a public or private viewing.
• You can have the casketed remains present at a visitation prior to cremation.
• You can have a memorial ceremony without the casket.
• You can have a ceremony in conjunction with the scattering of the remains.
The combination of options limited only to your personal wishes.
What exactly is the cremation process?
Below are the steps to Baue’s dignified cremation process.
• The family meets to positively identify their loved one prior to the cremation.
• At Baue, we believe in a dignified cremation. We cleanse and dress your loved one in preparation for identification and cremation.
• Once all necessary permits and authorizations have been obtained, the cremation casket or container will be placed into the cremation chamber.
• Once the cremation process begins it takes 2 to 3 hours.
• At our crematory, only one deceased person is cremated at a time.
• Our private crematory offers a quiet area for you to witness and participate in the cremation process if you choose.
• After cremation is complete a cooling process will take place.
• The remains are processed and become a granular or powdery consistency (weighing 4-8 pounds)
• The remains are then placed into the urn selected by the family.
Does Baue Pet Services operate out of the same facility?
Pets and humans are honored at separate locations.
I want to have a visitation with the deceased present but do not what to buy a casket – what are my options?
We offer a beautifully crafted natural hardwood ceremonial casket for cremation visitations. It is first prepared by inserting a sturdy and fully lined insert into the casket shell. Once the visitation is over, a lid is placed on top of the insert container and is removed from the casket itself. This casket is available for “rent.”
How can I set up an appointment to speak with someone about my options?
Call Baue Funeral Homes at 636-940-1000 and we will arrange a time for you to come in and explore your options – it never hurts to ask questions – you want to feel comfortable with the decision you make. For more information about the options we offer visit baue.com