Eye on style: Fashion trends for Fall, 2011
Here are some easy ways to update your fall look without breaking the bank:
1. Use the power of color. Black always leads; it is still very fashionable. Black, white and also gray control the fashion this fall. You also will see deep purples.
2. Brilliant fall items, including leather (and of course pleather, or faux leather) and suede, always are the most important part of the fashion trends. They can be seen in handbags, jackets and shoes. They are important, but this fall, they will have some fun updates with padding, metallic finishes and animal prints. This will make for interesting combinations with an ‘80s influence.
3. Close-fitting trousers, also known as leggings, look great with long tunics and sweaters. You can combine them with ankle boots and chunky jewelry. If you have not added a pair of leggings to your wardrobe yet, visit Marta’s Boutique. We have the best- fitting legging pant – guaranteed. Also, check out the wide variety of pleather patch leggings for a super edgy look. Keep an eye out for flare legs as well.
4. Metallic will be popular this fall, from metallic pleather bomber jackets to handbags. Add some pieces of metallic jewelry to your unique look with a delicate shine. Check out our line of contemporary jewelry for an easy update: Brighton, John Wind, Sisi Amber and Virgin, Saints, & Angels.
5. Using accessories is the best way to dress up your simple outlook with all bold accessories. Large necklaces, big bracelets, big hats and boots are important to have this fall.
6. Dark denim is back. It can be used with wide legs, and your bottom will look smaller than it is. Dark denim jeggings (jean leggings) also are a must for fall. Look 10 pounds thinner in Miracle Body jeggings or pull-on jeans for an ultra sexy look.
All of these fall trends can be found at Marta’s Boutique. If you have a problem piece, bring it in. We are happy to help you!
Like us on Facebook to see pictures of new arrivals.
Marta’s Boutique has two locations:
1352 Clarkson/Clayton Center in Ellisville
9208 Clayton Road in Ladue